Welcome to the Modeling of Distributed and Concurrent Systems page maintained by Paulo Maciel.
Our main research interest is devoted to formal timing modeling and evaluation of systems. Over the last years, our group has investigated a large sort of systems that encompasses real time and power aware embedded systems, data center systems, outbound logistic distribution, virtual workload generation for capacity planning and reliability and availability studies on electrical generation and distribution companies.
Our research interests are:
- Stochastic Petri nets
- Performance evaluation
- Dependability and Performance modeling
- Energy consumption estimation
- Capacity Planning
- Software aging and rejuvenation
- Embeded/Critical/Real-Time System Modelling
- Cloud computing, mobile cloud and data centers