Objective: The aim is to study the fundaments of stochastic simulation, its methods, and applying simulation for solving performance and dependability problems.
Intended audience: performance analyst, computer engineering undergraduate and graduate students.
– System and Model
– Classification of Models
– Types of Simulation
– Discrete Event Simulation: an Overview
– Random Number Generation
– Random Variates Generation
– Output Analysis – Steady-State Simulation
– Output Analysis – Transient Simulation
– Verification and Validation